Friday, March 13, 2009

Our Cowen - Who Art in Heaven........

In bad times, many turn to religion to help them get through.

So thanks to our friends at politics.ie, here is a little prayer for these challenging times:



“Cowen is my Shepherd, I shall not work.
He leadeth me beside still factories.
He restoreth my faith in Fine Gael.
He guideth me to the path of unemployment.
Yea, though I wait for my dole, I own the bank that refuses me.
Cowen has anointed my income with taxes, my expenses runneth over my income.
Surely poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of his term.
From henceforth, we will live all the days of our lives in a rented home with an overseas landlord.
I am glad I am Irish, I am glad that I am free.
But I wish I was a dog, and Cowen was a tree.”

1 comment:

marie said...

I confess to almighty Cowen,
and to you, my TD’s, Senators, and public,
that I have sinned through my own fault,
Through my overspending and deadly loans
It is what I have done,
and in what I have failed to do;
To never pay back anything,
And to offer myself lots of bonuses
and you, my brothers and sisters,
Please pray for me,
as I no longer may have a home.
By Sean Fitzpatrick