Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Case of Mistaken Identity?



Getting ticked off by constituents is an occupational hazard for politicians but Labour Senator Dominic Hannigan has to draw the line somewhere.

It seems that the Meath-based Senator has been getting a telling off from voters in Wales this week!

“I know we can be blamed for all sorts but I did wonder why I was receiving complaints about building schools on parkland in Cardiff,” the affable Senator said.

The mystery was solved when he discovered his irate email was actually intended for a political namesake – Dominic Hannigan of the Cardiff South and Penarth Liberal Democrats!

“I learned after the last general election that there are two politicians called Dominic Hannigan. It was a bit of a shock but I
made contact with my Liberal Democrat double. I told him he could have some ‘you can do better with Hannigan’ pens I had left over from the campaign,” Meath’s Hannigan said.

“Maybe Welsh Hannigan will send me over a few of his election tee-shirts. The Liberal Democrat’s turquoise and yellow colours are almost a match for those of the Royal County. I know I’d prefer to trade election knick-knacks than constituents complaints,” he said.

No comments: