Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Year of the Uptons

The year ends in a '9' so the omens are good for young Labour Party buck Henry Upton, who is seeking election in the Crumlin-Kimmage area of Dublin for the local elections in June.

Henry's late father Pat was elected on his first attempt as a Senator back in 1989 before going on to serve as a TD for Dublin South Central.

His aunt Mary Upton was elected on her first attempt as a TD in 1999 - also for Dublin South Central.

Now in 2009, Henry is hoping to be elected as a councillor on his first attempt!

"Of course, I'm not relying on the number 9 to win this election for me, I am also putting in the work on the ground," he said.

"There are a lot of issues in this area that are of huge concern to local people, such as job losses, public transport and crime. I am already knocking on doors and talking to people and the response I am getting is very positive," he said.

No comments: