Thursday, January 28, 2010

Training For Life!


It is lovely to know that politicians – no matter how high on the political ladder they climb – don’t spoil their kids with material goods.

Take former Taoiseach and elder Statesman Garret FitzGerald – he came up with a novel way of keeping his son, John, entertained when he fell ill as a young boy.

John – who is better known to all as the wise sage at the helm of the ESRI – recalls a time when he was sick.

“I remember being sick at the age of ten and he gave me a train timetable and told me to work out how many trains I could get to Galway from Dublin and back, and to design an underground for Dublin and gave me the London metro map.”

“He made me think that was an interesting thing to do that as a child. I was enthusiastic about, this was entertainment.”

No comments: